Calendula officinalis- Câlendula, Marigold, Asteraceae
Heart. Solar plexus and Sacral. Summer Solstice and Samhain. Fire & Water.
Origins in Mediterranean and Atlantic islands.
But found across the world in gardens, giving medicine to all.
Ancient medicine-rejuvenation and serious illness-cholera-bacterial, small pox-virus, typhus-parasitic bacteria.
To see the flowers raises the spirits and gives Hope.
Amazing healing plant for our physical needs, but also supports our emotional and spiritual health.
Power Plant- Teacher Plant- Life Changer.
Calendula is associated with The Sun:
The Sun How we shone our light. is reborn each day-
Opportunity We can give birth to a new way of living, a new world.
Also Venus~Love Goddess. Joy and Values.
Protection. Hope. Peace. Grounding. Comforts & Soothes.
Gets you on Your True Path. Connecting with Personal Power.
Transformation, Change and Movement. Helps us to move into action.
Helps to connect with the Core of yourself. Your ability to take risks with confidence and courage.
If we do not respond to our needs and reject or suppress our instinct: blockage can occur creating a disturbance to our emotional being as well as our digestive , immune etc system.
Gets you on Your True Path.
Plant Symbol for Love Goddess Xochiqutzal- (shok i KAY tsal), who represents many things including CHANGE. STRENGTH. TRUST. BALANCE. Also celebrating women who lived for themselves.
Many traditions over the world acknowledge Calendula’s link with- Flower of the dead-
Link to rebirth and cycles of life.
Balance of feminine receptivity and dynamic masculine energy.
Activates the passion to fully enjoy life. Generates a balanced flow of life force.
Enhances communication with self and others. Helps us to listen compassionately.
Brings a connection and understanding that goes beyond words.
Inspires optimism and vitality and attracts success in every area of life.
Its protective energy dispels negativity and draws light and love into the energy field.
Opens us up to many levels of desire: sensual, sexual, vibrancy, beauty, great abundance. Calendula encourages laughter and lifts emotional heaviness.
Calendula heals patterns of betrayal on the Mother line.
Calendula can be helpful to those that use or receive sharp or cutting words. Verbal abuse.
Who can be prone to argumentative ways.
Can clear the aura of trauma fields and unwanted energetic attachments.
Eases pent up energy, intolerance, anger and impatience.
WOUND HEALER- physical and emotional. Sharp Pains. Damp wounds. Deep cuts.Tissue repair. Decongest. Pain and grief. COMFORT. SOOTHES. Abortion, miscarriage. Traumatic delivery. Any shock or trauma.
Mucus membrane regeneration Triterpenes ie Lupeopl-anti-inflammatory
Creates the right conditions. e.g. Prevents germs from growing. also energetically.
Fast acting on acute stuff. WW1 and 11 and American civil wars. flithy wounds, Amputations etc.
Powerful skin regeneration Stimulates skin cell growth. HEALING skin and mucus membranes. anti-aging ingredient, because it's been proven to stimulate the metabolism of glycoproteins, nucleoproteins and collagen during the skin's healing process.
Triterpenes ie Lupeopl also anti-inflammatory. Heals Dry chapped skin and lips.
Gum disease. Mouth ulcers. Acne. Excema. Boils. Burns. Insect bites. Sebaceous cysts. Verrucas. Warts. Pox. Measles. Any inflamed and infected skin.
Vaginal thrush. Cervical erosion. Itchy piles, vaginal douche.
Maternity: boobs, vulva, bums and soothing restorative energy. New born skin. Nappy rash.
Calendula an excellent herb in clinic:
- Periods. water retention\tender breasts. PMT: irritability\anger\impatience\pent up energy\intolerance. regulating periods. Absent. Painful. heavy periods, replenish any impact to the womb. Soothing restorative incl. Abortion\miscarriage\traumatic delivery. Sexual Abuse. Tissue repair. Deep Cuts. Ovarian and skin cysts. Holding on to sadness or other emotions. Fibroids. acne. Headaches.
- Maternity: boobs, vulva, bums and soothing restorative energy.New Born skin
- Support the Menopause Journey.
- Candida, orange resin-Calendulin-antifungal\antivral. Pack of flowers on oozing fungus. Also Internal support on every level.
- Partial bowel removal and colitis. polysaccharides protective to mucus membranes.
- Ovarian and sebaceous cysts, holding on to sadness. Cysts. Fibroids, lymph, blood and cervical affinity.
- Chronic fatigue and limb fatigue.
- Low self-esteem, helps to clear negative energy-fast. Gives courage to change life.
- Supports the Journey of addiction. with extra Liver, gallbladder and spleen support.
- Low immune\ Lowered resistance. Prone to high viral infection. Resins, flavonol glycosides and polysaccharides immune stimulant.
- Cervical cell changes- cleared CIN 1 and have reduced a CIN3 to a 1.
- After orthodox Cancer treatments- including swollen lymph after breast surgery. Dioscorides writes of Calendula for cancer.
- Amenorrhoea (absence of periods), dysmenorrhoea (painful periods)
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Colitis, gastritis, oesophagitis
- Enlarged or inflamed lymph nodes
- Skin conditions, especially acne and eczema, both internally and externally
- Boils, abcesses and cold sores
- Varicose veins, varicose eczema, proctitis, haemorrhoids, ulcers and bedsores
- Broken capillaries
- Topically on chilblains
- Burns and sunburn, topically
- As eyewash for conjunctivitis. Also believed to replenish eye pigments when taken internally and protect the tissues of the eye
- As a cream for athlete’s foot and ringworm. Also as a cream for cradle cap, nappy rash, cracked nipples. For almost everything!!!!
- Compresses for mastitis
- Clearing to the liver
- Fresh juice for warts
Actions: Antiviral, antifungal, anti bacterial (esp. staphylococcus and streptococcus), Anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, Bitter digestive tonic; Cholagogue (gall bladder support); Diaphoretic (make you sweat as needed);; Anti-haemorrhagic; womb tonic, Vulnerary (helps heal wounds); Styptic (stops bleeding); Antiseptic; Mildly oestrogenic; Astringent; Anti-oxidant. Antihistamine. Anti-protazoal (antiparasite). Anthelmintic (antiworm).
A mild diffusive stimulant action.
NOTE: constituents which dissolve more easily in oil or alcohol are responsible for the antimicrobial actions, whilst those which dissolve more easily in water are more anti-inflammatory.
Healing constituents: calendulin, carotenoids, albumin, lycopene, flavonoids, organic acids: malic, salicylic and palmitic, violaxanthin, citroxanthin, rubixanthin, rutin,proteins, ezymes, gum, phytosterol, calcium, sulphur, vitamin A-carotenoid, essential oil that contains sesquiterpenes.
Calendula carotenoids include Meso-zeaxanthin , Lutein and Zeaxanthinwhich help to protect the macula against blue light damage, free radicals and help to replenish macula pigments
Calendula is rich in triterpenes: amirins, arnidiol, faradiol. It contains 2-5% saponins.
Constituents Volatile oil; Yellow resin (calendulin) gives antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties; Bitter principle; Triterpenes; Pentacyclic alcohols including faradol, brein, arnidiol, erythrodiol, calenduladiol, heliatriol C and F, ursatriol, longispinogenine; Calendulosides; Amyrin; Taraxasterol, lupeol; Flavonoids; Isorhamnetin glycosides, including narcissin and quercetin; Glycosides, including rutin; Chlorogenic acid; Carotenes; Mucilage; Sterols And the rest!
All plants are packed full of healing constituents and Calendula is fabulous example of a great abundance of different powerhouse medicine.
Huge Gratitude to this incredible plant. Calendula.